Elopements are a unique and intimate way to celebrate a marriage with the focus simply being on each other. For Empy and Jason this was an idea that they loved and with the support of their families, they decided to make this the trip of their lives.
As featured on 100 Layer Cake.
Our Top Tips
Wondering how you too can have your very own unique Amalfi Coast elopement?
Here are our top 5 tips…
- Enlist a wedding planner. A great (and experienced) wedding planner can literally MAKE your wedding. You can benefit from their valuable advice and they will guide you step by step through the planning process allowing you to enjoy it along the way. Don’t be afraid to interview a few different planners to see who you connect with, and ensure they understand your vision before making your final decision.
2. Logistics, logistics, logistics. This is the most challenging aspect of an Amalfi Coast wedding, and an area in which a wedding planner who knows the Amalfi Coast inside out and who has a great relationship with your venue, will be fundamental to a smooth-running wedding. Sometimes a venue is only accessible by foot or tiny transport buggy, so how will your beautiful wooden cross-back chairs get up there?! Don’t hire a car on the Amalfi Coast (traffic, lack of parking and crazy driving will only lead you to regret it!) and do enlist a great, reliable transfer company who can cover your airport transfers and wedding day transfers too.
3. Choose a venue that you feel reflects your personal style and vision. Additionally, be careful to choose a venue that works well with your budget and guest count. Another important point to consider is that it should have an appropriate Plan B option in case of rain (better to have a backup plan in place). That said, the Italians say ‘sposa bagnata, sposa fortunata’, which means a wet bride is a lucky bride!
4. Choose a later ceremony. There are two main reasons for this (especially from late May through mid-September). One is the infamous ‘golden hour’: the hour of stunning dusky light before sunset that your photographer and videographer will love so it’s a good idea to plan your timings with this in mind. Secondly, it can be very hot and humid on the Amalfi Coast, so a late afternoon or early evening ceremony is a must for summer months – preferably not in full sunlight (your photography and videography team will thank you for this too!).
5. And finally, water! Drink lots of it. The humidity on the Amalfi Coast may take you by surprise, so take time to hydrate especially on the wedding day. Take a funky personalized water bottle with you, rather than buying plastic bottles, which is not only environmentally friendly but also handy to fill up at the numerous drinking fountains that can be found along the Coast.
Photography: Lace & Luce
Videography: Marco Caputo
Venue: Casa Angelina Lifestyle in Praiano on the Amalfi Coast, Italy
Planner: The Wedding Boutique Italy
Florals: The Wedding Boutique Bloom
Hair & Makeup: Alessandro Mancino
Invitation Suite: Inkpush
Dress: Sarah Seven
Shoes: Alexandre Birman
Accessories: Jennifer Behr